Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CLX 3305
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some time now, my Samsung CLX 3305 color laser printer has not been grabbing the paper in the tray.

I hear the engine running and the cogs turning, but nothing happens. It turns for a while, then red light and I have to open/close the main panel. It then tries again, I hear the things inside moving/turning/whatever, but nothing happens. And so on.

Finally today, I waited for the engines to turn, and then I quickly removed the tray and looked at the cogs (see picture below).

They are not touching! The cog on the bottom right is turning very quickly, but the cog above (the one making the rubber thing role and grab paper) is not touching the first cog, and therefore nothing happens.

Is it normal? What should I do to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

IMG_20200115_135641-mod.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not sure will you be able to buy and replace clutch only, complete pickup assembly is more likely to be available for replacement.  It's not an easy job for the first time repairing printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

It's supposed to be like that.   You have a defective electromagnetic clutch which when engaged makes those 2 gears rotate together.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi Valsimot,

Thank you for this answer! 🙂

You think that just replacing this clutch will fix the printer for good?

HP Recommended

Not sure will you be able to buy and replace clutch only, complete pickup assembly is more likely to be available for replacement.  It's not an easy job for the first time repairing printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I did find the part itself (JC47-00033C) for sale on some website. However, if what you say is true, I am not sure I will be able to replace it myself.

That's a pity, a 250€ printer... :'(

Thank you for your time and help, Valsimot!

HP Recommended

This YT video will be like 99% for your printer model too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cDmF3NFGug 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you kindly for this link!

It seems indeed kind of a hassle... I already disassembled some laptops, so I have a tiny bit of exp., maybe I'll try that! 🙂

Thanks again!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.