Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Samsung CLX-6260FW. When I turn on my printer the samsung logo is coming up with the message "please wait", no self test of the printer is starting, the display stays on with the Samsung logo only and "pleast wait". I've tried unplugging, etc. Nothing seems to resolve this issue.

The printer is only 4 years old, it is used only private, that means, it is not very ofters used, as in a business office.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I checked the service manual for this device and it does not give any indications on this issue. You may need to contact customer support or a technician with experience on this product.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I checked the service manual for this device and it does not give any indications on this issue. You may need to contact customer support or a technician with experience on this product.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I find a possible solution by my one.

I changed the SD card in the printer. Now the printer is coming up to the normal display screen and is working hopefully fine.

If you start the printer without the SD card, it works also fine but in the display shows "Memory full".

I had a contact with the technical suport of HP. The predefined repaircosts are defined by 380€. This is the price of a new printer. It's unbelievable to make such an offer to a customer.

Which data are storing on this SD card? There are no data stored when I checked it on the PC.

The old SD card works fine on the computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.