Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CLX-6260FW
Other

I am trying to update the Firmware on my CLX-6260FW printer and it is not working.

I started with V4.00.01.36 and successfully updated to V4.00.01.49 by following the intructions via USB.

When I went to update to V4.00.04.05 it does not work.

I tried by USB and the usblist2.exe programs runs however it does not update the frmware.

I tried via Syncthruweb and it gets stuck on the verifying Firmware process. I assume that the file you should browse for is the CLX6260FW_V4.00.04.05.hd file????

The instructions do not specify which file you should select.

The current Firmware is reported as  V4.00.01.49 _UpgradeJig when I print a config page

Update.....

I tried it in Internet Explorer and got further. Now it goes through the Validating firware step but results in "invalid Firmware". I have tried the .zip , the SWUPGRADE_ON.prn and the CLX6260FW_V4.00.04.05.hd file

Any Ideas

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  Firmware seems to be invalid. 

Can HP please fix this?  The fixes on the change log seem to be pretty important (the non-wiping of addresses books on firmware update seems pretty darn important for the office use of the machine).

HP Recommended

You have to power off the printer, then press STOP and power on. The message DOWNLOAD MODE will show at the panel. Press STOP once and Wait Image will show in the display.  The machine is then ready to receive the firmware.

HP Recommended

I didn't have to do this the first time. Is this for USB only or for network update as well?

..........Update, Tried the suggestion from Bigpoppa, No change to normal start up and no download mode.

Also tried using the SPD tool suggested in the second link with no joy.

I have recieved a response from Samsung (HP)

Quote:

Here's the link that you can follow in doing firmware update:

6260FW Firmware: https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-clx-6260-color-laser-multifunction-printer-...

How to Update Firmware: https://support.hp.com/au-en/product/samsung-clx-6260-color-laser-multifunction-printer-series/16462...

Update Firmware Using SPD: https://support.hp.com/au-en/product/samsung-clx-6260-color-laser-multifunction-printer-series/16462...

HP Recommended

Yeah Ughit, it's the same 6260FW firmware that I downloaded the first time, and it's still bouncing back as 'invalid firmware' with the printer's firmware update wizard:

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

For upgrade files that date back since Feb 2017, you kinda expect these to actually work.   Tried updating via both USB and SyncThru (as instructed under release notes), and neither work.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue, both via usb and SyncThru. 

I am currently on V4.00.02.29 SEP-07-2015 and trying to upgrade to the same version mentioned above in this thread.

Tried from two different machines, both running Windows 10. Tried from Internet Explorer, Edge and Chrome.

I am not able to enter DOWNLOAD MODE as described by Bigpoppa75, but have followed instructions in the PDF bundled with the update, running USB update while unit is powered ON regularly.

Reason for wanting to upgrade is that the memory of my printer is erased every few days, and it forgets all scan targets, SMTP email settings, address book and so on. This update looks like it may fix that.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my CLX-6260FW, I'm on "V4.00.02.29 SEP-07-2015" and can't upgrade to "V4.00.04.05", I get an invalid firmware message. I've tested on Mac and Windows with varius browsers ...

Please help.

HP Recommended

Same problem here....

HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem!

HP Recommended

Please fix this. It has been few months.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.