Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have only ever used official Samsung branded cartridges, so at least in my case I don't think the failure to accept the firmware update has anything to do with incompatibility with non-Samsung cartridges.

Is there any evidence at all that anyone has succesfully deployed the latest firmware? 

HP Recommended

No evidence on these forums.

The tech did say that this was a big/update rewrite following amalgamation of HP/Samsung printers.

At every interaction I have pointed the Customer Support people to this forum and told them that I suspect it is to do with the firmware than an isolated problem.

If you are going to log a job, here are my job numbers for reference, it may save some time.

Repair ticket [edited] 

Tech support has been very good, considering it is out of warranty and obsolete.

HP Recommended

It appears the only time a mod or a rep will respond to issues of the CLX 6260FW printer is to edit someone's post to remove information relating to previous tickets regarding the same concerns.

This printer is obviously dead in the water as far as actual support.

I tried a firmware update to the latest version, but also encountered the "Invalid Firmware" message.

HP Recommended

I have noticed that also. Speaking of which, has anyone had colour issues post CLX6260FW_V4.00.02.29 update?

I have had my red colours shift to the right by 3mm, and it's messed up all my prints.  Have not changed settings other than the firmware update.

HP Recommended

I will consider tech support good once they get it working. 

It's obsoletion is irrelevant as I now have a giant brick.

HP Recommended

the latest driver works.

HP Recommended

Driver is not the same as firmware, but thanks for the info.

HP Recommended

Nothing new and iam sure, there won't be any updates on this product in the future. 😕

HP Recommended

I personally was able to apply the update today using WiFi, moving from "V4.00.03.02 FEB-15-2016" to "V4.00.04.05 SEPT-27-2016"

1. Ensure the printer is on and not in power saving mode.
  2. Enable firmware update mode on the printer: Setup> Admin Setup> Enter Password > Firmware Update> On (this is the same as using usb2list.exe SWUPGRADE_ON.prn)
  3. Update using SWS: Login (with admin) > Maintenance > Upgrade Wizard > (browse to CLX6260FW_V4.00.04.05.hd and select it) > Next > Next

The update will go on, taking quite some time - you can see progress on the printer screen. The printer will then reboot and be OK.

HP Recommended

Is there a version v4.00.03.02?

From the frimware instruction the following are the firmware.

v4.00.02.24 dated 04 mar 2015
v4.00.02.25 dated 12 mar 2015
v4.00.02.26 dated 18 mar 2015
v4.00.02.29 dated 12 oct 2015
v4.00.04.05 dated 30 nov 2016

I have the same issue trying to update the firmware. Spoke to a HP help desk person.

He claim there is a need to update the firmware in sequence, i.e. cannot update from v4.00.02.21 to v4.00.04.05 straight. Need to do v4.00.02.24 then v4.00.02.25 v4.00.02.26 v4.00.02.29 in sequence first. Question is where to download those firmware files? He suppose to email. I still waiting.

Update 14 Oct 2019.

got off the phone with the helpdesk person. basically we are screw. There is no old version available for download. They are no where to be found. claim they do not have any archive. well at least he did get back to me. 

guess I am done with HP/SAMSUNG. no more buying any of their product.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.