Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I attempted to print a 4 page document. It printed one page (black ink only). The 2nd page was very light and the 3rd and 4th were completely blank.

I popped in a non-HP cartridge, checked to make sure the printer would accept it, and tried to print. Nothing. I ran a Diagnostic page and the black ink prints for words but not for the solid boxes. The colors print fine. I found an HP cartridge and tried again and nothing different.

I searched the forums and found some solutions, including cleaning the print heads manually with alcohol. While the colors actually are more vibrant now, the black is still a no show except for printing the wording on the Diagnostic page! It seems it works but it isn't working when it needs to! 

Granted I've had this printer quite a while but it isn't heavily used and it was working prior to changing the cartridge. Additionally, as a 79 year old woman with asthma, I'm not leaving the house right now, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

hp uninstall.png

This is what I got when I tried to uninstall the driver. (Thought to uninstall/reinstall to see if that fixed the problem.)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

FYI, I did the partial reset and now I only have blue ink. Maybe I should go for a complete reset and have no ink at all!

Sure would be nice to have a response or two to  let me know in what direction I need to go.

HP Recommended

Lovely to have a community forum that apparently HP doesn't bother to monitor. Thank you not one bit for your failure to respond anywhere. Disgusting.

HP Recommended

@columbia93, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that the printer does not print in black color. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.