Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

First, hope everything will get better soon, (regardless of the printer of course), wishing you and your family safe times during these days!

Let's try the following steps and let me know if that may help:

Be sure to unplug the USB at this time, as I could see it is connected too.

First, reset the printer system

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
Select Printers & Scanners.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system.
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password.
Click OK. The printing system resets.

Now, let's fully scrub the drivers as follows:

Launch the installation file (Samsung_Mac_10.15_Driver_V3.91.00.dmg)

Open the Mac_Printer folder and launch the Uninstaller file, then complete the wizard.

Open the Mac_ICDM folder and launch the Uninstaller file, then complete the wizard.

Now, open Finder, from the Go menu, select Computer and select your active boot volume.

Browse to Library > Printers.

Delete the Samsung Subfolder.

Browse to PPDs > Contents > Resources.

Delete any file starting with Samsung from that folder and empty the trash.

Next, let's repair the disk permissions to avoid any possible cause not to install the driver correctly, from the Utilities folder (under the Go menu) open the Disk Utility.

Select your active boot volume and click on First Aid, allow it to complete the process.

Finally, let's reinstall the drivers and see if there may be any difference:

Launch the installation file (Samsung_Mac_10.15_Driver_V3.91.00.dmg)

Open the Mac_ICDM folder and launch ICDM.dms, then complete the wizard.

Open the Mac_Printer folder and launch Printer_Driver.dmg file, then follow the wizard.

May you see any difference when clicking the Add Printer button now?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Dearest, we finally solved it. I followed your instructions step by step and everything went well. I thank you very much and from my heart for your help and for your patience. Evidently all the installations I had done had sent the files into conflict. A good cleaning and it's finally gone. I'll miss you!!! ;-))

HP Recommended

You are much welcome @LuisaC, this is great and exciting to see the problem has finally resolved, Thanks for your kind words, I really glad I could help!

Once again, wishing you all safe times these days and will miss you too!!! 😉

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.