Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
ProXpress C2670FW

After upgrading firmware from version V4.00.01.36 to V4.00.01.45, I've got this error on display:

"UI firmware upgrade was completed unseccessfully !!

Please upgrade UI Firmware again for recovery"

The printer was working fine until the update, and now it doesn't print ou scan. I can't access the display, and the only way to connect to the printer is to the syncthru web service.

I've tried to reinstall the firmware many times but the result is the same. I've also tried using the usblist2 with no success.

Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Petrovsky

First, I would sugest you to make a Hard reset (unplugg the power cord from the back of your printer while it is ON, press and hold the power/wakeup button during 15 seconds), when you release the button, plug it back in and turn it ON.

Let me know what happens after that please.

Regards.

Knowledge is to be shared.
HP Recommended

Hi,

still the same issue.

Nothing changes.

HP Recommended

Petrovsky

Are you able to access the printer menu?

You can also try clearing the memory:

To enter the service mode, press 1,2,3 number keys simultaneously. When the password dialog box appears, enter “1934”
and press the “OK” button.

Then select Test Routine > Others > Memory Clear > and select your Country

Regards.

HP Recommended

No. I can't access the menu. The LCD is stucked with the error message.

HP Recommended

Petrovsky

From this point I would sugest trying to turn the printer ON without toner cartridges inside first.

If this does not work you can try to access to the printer SyncThru Web server from a computer, having the printer connected wireless or with an ethernet cable to a router. This issue can happen when a Firmware update is interrupted.

The login information for the SyncThru Web Service is:

ID: admin

Password: sec00000

The instructions are in the same zip folder where the Firmware file is located.

Let me know if you were able to update the Firmware. In case that the previous steps did not work, the printer would need a service for the main board.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Still no luck.

As i said in my first post, i've tried many times to upgrade the firmware accessing the printer from the SyncThru Web server, with no luck. It starts to upload then started to process but is doesn't end at all.

HP Recommended

Petrovsky

My apologies, your printer seems to need a service performed by a technician, I leave you a link if you would like to contact a certtified center by HP:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/store-finder/find.do?bs=SR4&type=authorized

Regards.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help.

After contacting the service, i realised that the cost for replacing the board is greater than the printer value.

All of this after a firmware upgrade. And now i've to buy a new printer..

HP Recommended

My apologies  Petrovsky

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.