Subhajitpaul
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Finding perfect ssd.

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 15 ab034tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have my 2 yrs old laptop hp pavilion 15 ab034tx. I want to replace my hdd with a ssd. My existing hdd is sata 5400 rpm. Is my laptop will support Samsung 850 Evo ? 

1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,497 1,301 2,102
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @Subhajitpaul, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you would like to know if your laptop supports SSD.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

I have checked the specifications of the laptop and yes there is an m.2 SSD slot on your laptop. And you should be able to install M.2 to SSD on your PC.

Please find the possible M.2 hard drive upgrades and part number for your laptop.

256 GB solid-state drive (SSD), M.2, TLC 837768-001

Refer the laptop user guide for more information.

Note: Page 53 for more information.

If you have to install the operating system on the M.2 SSD you have to change the boot priority to M.2 in BIOS.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope to this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation