Did you mean: 
caseyy345
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HDMI Problems

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 24-inch Displays

Hey Guys!! So I have a Samsung TV (not a smart TV) and I'm trying to hook my HP up so we can watch netflix and movies. For some reason, every time I put the HDMI cord in, the TV displays "Mode Not Supported". I thought it had to have been a problem with the TV. Well I had a couple of friends try it out with their MacBook  and some type of  ACER computer and they worked fine! So that's how I know it has to be something with my laptop. If anyone could help me that would be great! Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,945 27,790 1,519 1,609
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@caseyy345

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting "mode not supported" error when you connect the notebook to TV with HDMI cable. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?
  • Which operating system is installed on the computer?

Meanwhile:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

6. Press and hold down the Power button for 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

9. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press Enter.

10. Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.

Click here and refer the HP Document for more assistance.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation