JohnMcConnell
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Killed my $800 Printer - what now?

HP Recommended
Samsung C3060
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

HP purchased this line of printers from Samsung, and immediately stopped manufacturing ink for it.  This means the $800 printer I bought in October 2016 - just 16 months ago - has been turned into a big, useles brick by HP.   HP has vandalized this market and destroyed their own product. 

I managed to buy about $600 of ink cartridges from over-stock companies, only to find they do not work in my printer beause they have a different country code.  So that is now $1,400 lost to HP's market vandalism and product destructiveness.  

My questions:  

1) Will HP return my pruchase price now they killed my printer?  

2) Where is the outcry over HP buying other companies just to kill the competing product line?  

3) Why should anyone buy an HP product when they totally destroy customer value and investment in their product?

1 REPLY 1
EOJTech
Level 4
68 65 9 19
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The transition has indeed been challenging in many respects.

At the HP Store the statement is that they do not currently sell Samsung toner online, and provide a link to locate a reseller. You did not state where you are from, but that route may be an option.

OEM toner cartridges can be found at Amazon.

Another site, www.precisionroller.com, sells "compatible" cartridges, as do many others.

I found these using the following part numbers (U.S.):

CLT-C503L - Cyan
CLT-M503L- Magenta
CLT-Y503L - Yellow
CLT-K503L - Black

I believe the yield is 4000 assuming normal coverage.

I don't know if that helps or not. I'm not an HP employee so I can't address your concerns regarding your monetary investment. Given the volume, I'm not sure the HP moderators are actually reading all the posts.

I might suggest using one of the contact links (go to www.hp.com, scroll to the bottom and click on About Us) to generate some feedback.

Best of luck!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation