Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M130fn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The printer show Ready 2 Download when power on. Any key press no fusction. Windows 7 can't detect printer. Please help.

Thank,

Albert

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @jh9993,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP is stuck on Ready 2 Download screen.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that may help fix this issue.

And here are the steps listed below:

1. Disconnect USB/Network/FAX and power on the standalone unit.

2. Check and remove any packaging material inside the printer and toner cartridge.

3. Try different power source.
4. Perform a power cycle by unplugging the power cord while the power is on and plug it back.
5. Perform a power drain by disconnecting the power cord from the back of the printer and keeping the power button pressed for 30 seconds and if there is a power switch, keep the switch in ON position for 30 seconds before reconnecting the power cord.

6. Turn Off the printer for 3 min and then try turning on the unit.

Let me know how that works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Noted , I will try .

Thank

HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow,

I try you method , but same problem (Still show Ready 2 download).

Thank,

Albert

HP Recommended

Greetings @jh9993, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. 

Recommend connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable. 

Visit www.hp.com/drivers and enter the printer model you are using. 

Download and install the firmware update on the printer over USB connection. 

If the issue persists please contact our phone support team for further assistance. 

Keep me posted. Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Receiving error on startup ready 2 download

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.