Did you mean: 
Bodog21
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Television not sending sound from hdmi input to optic output for soundbar

HP Recommended
HP LCD Television series

I recently purchased a Samsung HW-KM45C Soundbar and connect to my HP4272PL plasma television.  After hooking up all of the HDMI inputs and my antenna input, sound will come through the television speakers through the HDMI inputs but will not come through the optical connection on the soundbar.  I assume this is a setting issue on the television, but I cannot solve this problem, can somone offer some advice and a solution, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,897 93,554 12,294 26,132
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bodog21

HP4272PL does not ring any bell and Google can't even find it. Does it have optical port ? From HDMI (copper) to optical (light) is a BIG conversion.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Bodog21
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I apologize I entered the number incorrectly.  It is:  HP PL4272N High Definition Plasma Television.  Thanks for your help

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation