cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeryAngryToni
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP broke genuine toner's recognition on CLX-4195FW with firmware update!!

HP Recommended
CLX-4195FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

(Edit: I posted some of the text below and edited it. I don't know what happened but my post is gone. So I repost again with updates, grammar correction and a better title)

Hi everyone!

I've possessed a working Samsung CLX-4195FW until I made a firmware update.

The printer no longer works and i'm very, very much annoyed and angry at Samsung and HP because i've made this update so it can print all the pdf files from a USB Memory Stick (some pdf files didn't work from the USB-embedded port).

My printer tells me now that C, M and Y toners are no longer compatible.
I was warned by the Firmware tool that I've needed Samsung toners or my printer wouldn't work anymore.
Inside this printer, there are toners that came with the printer so they are genuine Samsung toners.

I've changed the black toner a while ago but this Samsung toner seems OK and the printer gives me no error code on this one.

Also, I can't no longer print only black documents despite the recognised Samsung Black toner!

I've upgraded the firmware from a Windows 10 Pro (64 Bits) and i was told that the update went good(there is no, or i didn't find, a firmware update tool for Linux...).

I've also downloaded the 151.7 MiB firmware from the Hp site but, apparently, the upgrade-firmware program download another file in background and i couldn't do anything but wait.

So what can i do apart from throw this printer out of the window?

any ideas?

Info on my bricked-printer:

- The pdf file told me that the last version avalaible availaible is: V4.00.02.34 (12-Oct, 2015)

- The HP site offers to download the Firmware version: V4.00.02.34

- The uploader installed on my Samsung printer the firmware version: V4.00.01.49_UpgradeJig

- I was told to do a 'Memory Clear'. Nothing changes. Printer still doesn't work anymore!!

- I've checked the Forum and do a 2 hours browser search but nothing helps and we are so few to have this problem that i suppose no one cares.

DON'T UPGRADE YOUR PRINTER FIRMWARE FOR THE CLX-4195FW UNTIL THERE IS A SOLUTION!

(Edit 1)

So.. Apparently I wasn't finished with the firmware upgrade... the 4195fw_Release_Note_english.pdf, at the end of it, tells you to do some commands, after the CLX4195FW_UpgradeJig.exe, to finish the upgrade of the firmware:

From Windows cmd.exe :

usblist2.exe SWUPGRADE_ON.prn

usblist2.exe CLX4195FW_V4.00.02.34.hd

Then all went good and my printer says Main Controler V4.00.02.34 SEP-02-2015

So the firmware was upgraded, BUT STILL DOESN'T RECOGNISE MY GENUINE SAMSUNG TONERS!!!

(Edit 2)

Today, I've tried the hotline's number for my country. They work until 6 PM.

1st attempt: 26mn waiting for somebody to answer, answers and hang up after 4mn 37sec while he's telling me to empty the internal capacitor on my printer.

2nd attempt: 23mn 15sec, hangs up on me without answer.

3rd attempt: 8mn 3sec hang up on me again. It's 5 to 6 PM so I think they went home..

I guess i can try another day and wait to print again..

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation