3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP (ex Samsung) M2026W Printer

HP Recommended
Sansung M2026W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm helping a friend of mine get this printer to work from an Android Tablet.

I'd like to check a couple of basic things first. Does this model of printer have any Wi-Fi capability or is it USB only? The WPS button on it suggests that it might, but I need to confrm this first before going further,

I can print to it via USB from Win 7 x64.

The instructions suggest pressing the WPS button for 2-4 seconds and then a LED is supposed to flash rapidly. That does not happen. I can get it to print configuration pages but there is no information about any thing network related. Using the Win 7 wireless wizard I was able to get it to detect a Wi-Fi network and pick up an IP address but there is no trace of any other connectivity.

I've seen on other forums a suggestion that a factory reset might help. How is that done.

Many thanks

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kens999
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

A second attempt at printing the config page revealed some network information including the printers own SSID and Key.

Connecting to that Wi-Fi from a PC and opening the printer config web page allowed me to manually set the SSID it should connect to via its network setting pages.

I still see no evidence that the WPS method (with or without a PIN) works on this printer.

The manual bares no relation to my experiece with this printer. I'm a network/server engineer and I doubt that most owners would have the patience to follow this through.

Thanks

Ken

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,622 32,196 5,531 13,025
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ken,

The Samsung Xpress SL-M2026W Laser Printer offers USB and WiFi capabiltieis:

Connectivity, standard

Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
        built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/samsung-printers/product-detail.html?oid=17309771#!tab=specs

You may follow its userguide below to setup the pritner using WPS or via the computer.

See page 99 to setup a wireless connection from your PC, see 'Access point via USB cable':

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05790048

You may also check page 97 to connect using WPS if your router supports a such.

You may then print from an Android device using either the Samsung Print Service Plugin:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/samsung-xpress-sl-m2026-laser-printer-series/16462610/model/164...

Or with Samsung MobilePrint:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/samsung-xpress-sl-m2026-laser-printer-series/16462610/model/164...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
kens999
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

Thank you for replying.

I have read the manual but, as I described in my original post, the printer does not appear to do what the manual describes.

Before I RMA the printer as faulty, are there any other steps you can suggest?

Many thanks

Ken

kens999
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

A second attempt at printing the config page revealed some network information including the printers own SSID and Key.

Connecting to that Wi-Fi from a PC and opening the printer config web page allowed me to manually set the SSID it should connect to via its network setting pages.

I still see no evidence that the WPS method (with or without a PIN) works on this printer.

The manual bares no relation to my experiece with this printer. I'm a network/server engineer and I doubt that most owners would have the patience to follow this through.

Thanks

Ken

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation