Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Printer SL-M2020W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer Samsung SL-M2020W doesn't switch off when i press the Power button. When i press this button, the WPS button turns bright blue. I don't want to keep my printer on (or in sleep) all the time, as i print not very often. 

I switch it off by plugging off the Power cord. Is it safe to do that?

Or should I just keep the printer ON all the time (with all the LEDs glowing)?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

If you press and hold the power button for 3-5 seconds does then printer turns OFF ?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

No, unfortunately, it doesn't.

If I press and hold the Power button for 5 sec, then:

- The engine starts working (like it's prepairing to print), then the printer goes silent

- The WPS button turns blue

- The Status LED turns unblinking yellow.

After a minute, WPS and Status LED turn off and the Power button start glowing blue again, like nothing happened LOL.

I searched some forums, on some Samsung printers the Power button doesn't switch it off, it only switches it ON (after sleep or after plugging in the Power cord). I guess that's the case here.

What really bothers me though, can I plug the Power cord off without harming the machine?

Or should I just keep it ON (I guess it's going to sleep automatically after some time) all the time - with the Power button glowing 24/7? The problem is, I don't print that much, not even every other day.

Your response would be greatly appreciated!!

HP Recommended

Plugging the power cord off from time to time will not harm the machine.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

HP Support told me that's most likely the hardware issue.

Also, according to them, plugging off the Power cord is totally safe.

I guess I'll just unplug it whenever I don't use it. Don't want to go into all the hassle of warranty repair because of this minor isssue.

HP Recommended

Yeah I Have the Same problem, what I do is hold down button after a few seconds it will cycle and then press and hold button again and the machine powers down, Seems like a stupid way to power down. it should just turn off and on with one push of the button, its annoying but it works for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.