Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Same problem here. Just bought a new CLX-6260 and I cannot scan.

HP Recommended
Same thing. Downgrade to an earlier version of windows (perform downgrade the last update of windows)
HP Recommended

What's the point downgrading? It's gonna help you for the next couple days, then Windows 10 will update itself again.

Personally, I don't think it's a solution to downgrade Windows every few days for scanner to work because there is no support from HP.

Next time will be smarter - Canon or Brother!

HP Recommended
Hi.

I just give a solution.i helped the guys with a mass volume of scan.

I downgraded my windows, and it passed a week.
Till now no upgrade. I have speak with microsoft and they will check.
They did now about the hp problem but not samsung.

Let's see the rest they do..

Best regards
HP Recommended

Thanks to all who have joined in.

My suggestion: let's differentiate between "solution" and "workaround". 

There have been some helpful workarounds posted -- reverting to the previous version of Windows 10, using VueScan, or in my own case, scanning to my MacBook and then transferring the scan to my desktop via Dropbox.

But none of these are solutions. For that, we have to wait for the good people at HP/Samsung.

HP Recommended

It's understandable to think of switching to another brand. But I had the same thing happen with a great Canon scanner that I used to digitize by photographic negatives and slides. Beautiful machine, still works, but Canon stopped updating the driver after Windows XP.

If you find the perfect multifunction printer with a small footprint and affordable price, please let us all know. But I doubt that it exists.

HP Recommended
Yes i know, marketing problem.
HP Recommended

Yes I also have gotten this error after a 10 update you will have to revert back to the version before the update 

HP Recommended

Just found out someting even stranger than before.

When printer is asleep, when you open Samsung Scan assistant, device wakes up immediately but the scan button is still greyed out.

HP Recommended
Hello...

What can i say....MICROSOFT UPDATES....

Let's hope they solve the problem..

After all i have ticket from them ....i will let them a few days or a week until i will contact them.

I have a printer that it's blocked with this update and not working , when the problelm is solved i will let you all know.

See ya

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.