Did you mean: 
grapegummy
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Import Address Book

HP Recommended
Samsung M5370LX

I cannot import an addressbook via the import task. The UI wants a Key.. my assumption is that it is an encryption key even though it does not have one. How do I import?

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Copier-Pro
Level 9
2,456 2,416 160 348
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will try and help.If you want to backup the current address book from the machine to restore to another machine the models must be the same.The way i know it works is you export the file first because the file type is slightly different from windows.Then you import the file to replace the address book on the machine.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
EOJTech
Level 4
68 65 9 19
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Do you have access to the machine from which the address book was exported (and is it a M5370?)? If yes, then I would suggest exporting it again. It does not need to be encrypted, but give it a key like 1234. It doesn't have to be a strong key, just something easy to remember.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation