1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Intel PCIe mini Wifi card

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to upgrade my HP Desktop machine with a newer Wifi card. I am wondering if I can use the Intel wifi card or use a Broadcomm. I read somewhere that BIOs disable to enumeration of Intel mini PCIe wifi card. Could someone knowledgeable advise me.

Details of my machine are as follows:

Product # QU116AA#ABA Serial # [edited] Model # P6 - 2014

Regards,

Ramesh

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,219 124,575 20,732 31,827
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only way you will be able to upgrade the internal wifi adapter to a dual band one would be if your PC currently has two antennas connected to the wifi card in there now.

If it does, you can upgrade to this dual band AC card with bluetooth.

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo

HP Part # 724935-001

The above wifi adapter is readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

If your PC doesn't have two antennas connected to the internal wifi adapter in there now, then the easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external dual band USB wifi adapter.

I am reluctant to recommend an Intel wifi card because they normally only work with Intel motherboards.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation