Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (200 Views)

Laser Printer C430W won't print grey fill

Product Name: Samsung C430W
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

When printing any file such as a jpg, Word, PDF the light grey areas will not print even if I using the color photo setting. Is there a buried setting somewhere that is preventing the grey from printing? I have new cartridges. This has always been a problem with this printer.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 5 (184 Views)

Re: Laser Printer C430W won't print grey fill

This is the HP forum.  We only support HP products.

Try Samsung for this one.

My HP Enterprise Profile
My Verizon Wireless profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (177 Views)

I guess there was a merger:

As of Nov. 1, 2017, the Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. printer business and its related affiliates were transferred to HP Inc. 

For more information, please visit HP's website. (http://www.hp.com/go/samsung

Professor
Message 4 of 5 (173 Views)

Oh snap, thanks for the info.  I guess I missed that one.

I'll take a 2nd look and respond once I have more info.

My HP Enterprise Profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
Highlighted
Professor
Message 5 of 5 (121 Views)

Alright the Samsung documentation is migrated to HPs site and working for me now.  I was able to pull up the User Guide and take a look at this printers features and settings.  Unfortunetly nothing jumps out to me as an obvious or quick fix.

Lets take a step back and test if the problem is isolated to the printer software or a firmware/hardware issue on the printer.  Try printing off a demo page direct from the control panel of the printer.

C430W User Manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05787976

On page 162 it mentions several reports that can be printed with the assistance of the SyncThru web service.  I am assuming that is the Web UI for checking settings on the priner. In the HP world we call this the Embedded Web Server (EWS).  Try signing into the Web UI and take alook at the reports and see if you can find any clues about low consumables or not.

Unfortunetly this printer model does not have a full UI control panel, just LEDs and buttons so the navigation options are very limited fron the control panel.  If there is a way to print some kind of a color report or demo page from the control panel the User Guide is not describing it to me.

Otherwise you can always try an uninstall and reinstall of the drivers and software from HPs new resources on support.hp.com.  If there was some kind of a software misconfiguration then a reinstall should put it back to normal.

My HP Enterprise Profile
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation