Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung ML-1640
Other

I can't find similar driver for MacOS 11.0.1 (Big Sur)

Last official driver was for 10.8 but works perfect under 10.14
I've found information about similar drivers (like ML-series can use drivers from SL-series ). So, I've got driverpack 3.91 that can work under 10.15 (and maybe can work with 11.0). See all available drivers in list
Снимок экрана 2020-11-27 в 00.38.27.png
What driver/construction can be the same for ML-1640?...
Now I've tried: PCL4/5, HP LaserJet drivers, and samsung ML-2160 driver — not working. Try print but got internal error 0xf (15) at line 94
Any progress?..
Any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@MorMot

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

For support options for Samsung Printers in your country or region please check this website

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for absolutely useless advice! 😞

There is no any MacOS driver on russian version of your site. On english version I can download only 10.8 (read my first message again, please).

I know that you don't want support old models officially, but I ask you for some little help — to choose most similar driver for ML-1640. I don't know model lineup at all (and you probably don't know samsung lineup too), but I know that somebody knows.

HP Recommended

@MorMot

I recommend you contact support in your region and they will be able to assist you in this regard.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! Did you resolve the problem with ML-1640 printer on macOS Big Sur?I have the same problem with the driver...

HP Recommended

No progress....
I think they want to waste all non-AirPrint model into the past 😞

I even think about some little virtual machine or Rapsberri Pi..... But It works! It still works perfect after 10 years...
"They killed Kenney" ©

KennyMcCormick.png

HP Recommended

Hi, I have similar problem but with Samsung ML-2160. Can you tell me where I can find driverpack 3.91? Because I saw on your screenshot that you have drivers for my printer in this pack.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I've upload drivers 3.92 to my Google Drive — here

Have fun

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! It works! 

HP Recommended

Hey,

could you solve your problem? i've got a ML-1670 samsung printer and i'm desperate right now. Would really appreciate your help!

Best wishes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.