Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress M2835DW
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My printer has stopped working since I upgraded my Mac to Catalina 10.15.  Apparently, I need new 64 bit drivers.  In the OS drop-down used to define my problem, the latest OS on the list is Mojave 10.14, which is discouraging.  I need to know if and when these will be available.  If they are not upgraded, my relatively new printer will be scrap and will need to be replaced.

HP Recommended Solution: Samsung printers compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15. Click here
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The 64-bit print drivers for Samsung devices are still in development.

The current Samsung print solution for macOS Catalina is AirPrint.

If your printer is the Samsung Xpress M2880FW then it is supported via AirPrint.

Apple maintains a list of all AirPrint supported printers here.

Also here is a video on how to setup your printer via AirPrint.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

The 64-bit print drivers for Samsung devices are still in development.

The current Samsung print solution for macOS Catalina is AirPrint.

If your printer is the Samsung Xpress M2880FW then it is supported via AirPrint.

Apple maintains a list of all AirPrint supported printers here.

Also here is a video on how to setup your printer via AirPrint.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  I removed the printer from the list in System Preferences and reset the printer, then I did a reinstall from a CD image I downloaded from your site.  I then rebooted the Mac and everything worked using AirPrint!

HP Recommended

Brian, WHERE did you find the CD image that works with Catalina online? HP's website doesn't have one. AirPrint WAS working for me with Catalina, but I deleted the printer from the Printer Preference panel on my Mac, as I was having problems, and I can't get it back. 

HP Recommended

When I try to print from Catalina to my Samsung M2835DW printer it will sometimes print 1 or 2 pages correctly, but then will start to print garbage on the top couple of lines of each page and spit out pages endlessly until I stop the printing. I tried reinstalling the printer as an AirPrint as the video shows, but it did not solve the problem.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I am using my old laptop to print but as I run my business on that printer it is just absurd. I do not want to throw it out either just because HP cannot keep up. 

I cannot believe this is still not fixed. HP please sort this out. 

HP Recommended

I'm also having the same issues with this printer and Mac OS 10.15. I've got half a ream of paper with garbage symbols on it because the AirPrint driver is utterly non-functional under the new OS version. Please release new drivers!

HP Recommended

Problem not solved with Airprint!!! Same issue as Dtheo!

Have followed the instructions and using Airprint - however, problem remains: Quote Dtheo "When I try to print from Catalina to my Samsung M2835DW printer it will sometimes print 1 or 2 pages correctly, but then will start to print garbage on the top couple of lines of each page and spit out pages endlessly until I stop the printing". Exactly the same for me.

Please fix this.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I think HP simply does not care that so many of us are unable to use our fairly new printers. 

I have a toner for 9000 pages... 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the exact same problem with AirPrint and Samsung Xpress M2835DW. The issue is not solved and I still can't print. Its been 10 week now. Please fix the issue!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.