Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung CLX-3185
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hello, 
Is there any option to get drivers for Samsung CLX-3185 when using MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3? The old drivers are incompatible and i cannot find the universal driver.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I Have the same issue - have you managed to solve the problem?

I haven't found a solution yet

HP Recommended

Same problem here.

1.) Device is fully functional

2.) We have a garbage problem on this planet.

3.) Retiring my CLX-3185fn would produce even more garbage.

=> HP can do it's part to avoid more garbage by simply providing drivers for Big Sur. 

Please, HP, just do it.

HP Recommended

same problem here, someone find any kind of even **bleep**ty solution?

HP Recommended

i found one decent solution, at least for basic print. I didn't check all functionality because i urgent need only a couple of print B&W.

- download this opensource driver set from: http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php (in the moment of this comment last version it's 5.3.3)

- when you are searching and discover the printer, select to search the software manually

- choose from the huge list that now it will be showed, the model "Samsung CLP-660ND Cups+Gutenprint"

try and print, seems fully working!

If someone find some problem and select another model with more compatibility, please share here

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.