Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung M283X series
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Receiving the error "M1-5712 The Manual Feeder is empty. User intervention required to add a paper to Manual feeder."

This happens when I try to print an envelope from Word for Mac. I am inserting a #10 envelope when I try to print the envelope. If I open the guides and insert an A4 piece of paper, the printer will print the destination and return addresses on the paper.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi brichter1

M1-5712 The paper tray is empty. / Paper is loaded in the tray but the machine detects an empty status.
Recommended action
If there is a paper jam, clear the jam.
Load paper in the tray.

Try reinstalling the driver for your computer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/SL-M2830DW/M283x_Series_Mac_PrinterDriver_V1.0...

Let me know your result please.

Rergards.

Knowledge is to be shared.
HP Recommended

thanks. Per my original post, there is no jam and envelopes are inserted. I already updated the driver last month. What is the date of the driver you linked? There are no release notes or information other than the version numer in the link...

HP Recommended

So, I downloaded that and checked the date, it's the same one I installed last month. Version 1.03.00, release date is 12/7/2018, file dates are 7/31/2017.

The problem still exists.

HP Recommended

Hello brichter1

Have you checked that the proper main tray or tray 1 is selected right before you send the document to print?

HP Recommended

No, Main Tray or Tray 1 is not selected.

As per my original post, I am trying to print a #10 envelope from the manual feed.

HP Recommended

Hi brichter1

Alright I made an extra research, and MAC OS sometimes has some issues with using the manual feeder, if ytou have another computer with Windows, you can try printing the envelope there, or you could try updating the printer Firmware.

If you update the Firmware from MAC is totally necessary to have the printer connected on the network since you need to open the SyncThru Web Service by typing in the IP address assigned to your printer on any web browser (192.168.xx.xx)

1. Go to the SyncThruWeb Service (SWS) main home page.
Login as Admin in SyncThruWeb Service.

ID: admin

Password: sec00000

NOTE: Login using the Administrator ID and Password established
during initial machine setup.
2. Click [Maintenance] on the top menu.
And then click [Firmware Upgrade] or Application Management > Application
3. Click Add button
4. Click [Browse]. Choose installation file by browsing file system. And click OK button (the file has a .hd extension)
5. The uploading step will start. After this step, next step will be started automatically.
6. The firmware update will start.
7. Once the f/w update is complete, the machine power-off and power-on automatically.

You have this instructions on a pdf file inside the zip folder.

Here is the link for the latest Firmware thsat we have.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/SL-M2830DW/M2835_V3.00.01.13_9001012.zip

Regards.

HP Recommended

Here is the version already installed on my printer. 

V3.00.01.13_ 9001012 DEC-06

HP Recommended

Hi brichter1

I recommend you a technician who can check the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.