Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung C460 Color Laser and Scanner

After upgrading my mac to 10.15 Catalina Samsung C460 printer didn't work anymore. On the driver site there is NO driver support yet for MacOS 10.15. After removing the printer and adding it again in MacOS i got the printer working again. 

But not the scanning functionality (Scan Assist )  apparently it is 32bit what is not supported in MacOS 10.15. 

When will there be updated drivers 64bit versions? the printer is too new to drop support like this. It was already mentioned a long time that 32bit support in Mac would be dropped. Anyone a solution for the meanwhile?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, the scanner app is 32 bits and not working with Catalina.

The native scanning option is also not working.

It's a shame HP providing and answer or a timely update to its products

HP Recommended

And that terrible HP Support site does not provide a way to send a ticket. If you click Contact a HP Agent for Support it jumps back to general support stuff. 

It's ridiculous if HP support is this bad i can't belief it.

HP SUPPORT WHERE ARE YOU??? 

HP Recommended

Have you been able to open a ticket and are there any updates on this?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately not. I can still not select any higher OS than 10.14 and apparently here no HP SUPPORT is reading this community or at least not responding to it. Only other costumers with problems.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. The Scanner is not usable anymore without alternative Software. I tried VueScan from Hamrick Software.  The tests was successful bat if you can not scan without watermark if you not have payd for it. There are two version's one with and one without update's. i didn't buy it now, i hope hp will deliver a solution soon. if not i need to buy the alternative software.

It is not my first product from Samsung who has very fast no updates anymore.

I have a new workaround with the old driver 2.0. it work on Catalina 10.15

Use the Preview App from Catalina. Go to import from Samsung c460.

You must use JPEG as the image type. Using any other image type will result in the scan failing and not saving.

Once scanned as a JPEG, open Print, go to pdf and safe as pdf.

It is a little complicate bat works perfect.

Regards Tom 

HP Recommended

Scan using Mac's Image Capture or Preview apps.

You must use JPEG as the image type.  Using any other image type will result in the scan failing and not saving.

Once scanned as a JPEG, you can open the image in Preview and then FILE > Export as PDF.

A lousy workaround, but it does work.  

HP Recommended

Any news about the driver for Catalina and HP.  It's been over a month of the launch of Catalina

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.