Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung M2070W scanner and printer

after update, need a 64 bits driver for my samsung M2070W  scan and printer 

HP Recommended Solution: Samsung printers compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15. Click here
210 REPLIES 210
HP Recommended

At this time macOS Catalina printing to the Samsung M2070w will be supported through AirPrint.

Keeping checking the driver download page for forth coming 64-bit drivers.

Here is video with instructions for setting up an AirPrint printer.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi, I just updated to macOS Catalina and I have a Samsung C48x Printer that has suddenly stopped working also. I posted a new inquiry separately

HP Recommended

I'm in a similar situation and have also posted separately.  

The solution which had been proposed to my separate inquiry did not fully restore my printer/scanner capability, even though the HP associated S/W is listed as being 64-bit Intel.

I was asked to periodically check the HP Web Site for Mac OS X 10.15 updated HP S/W.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the same series of Samsung printers. I checked the available drivers into HP site, but available are up to MacOS 10.14 only. I therefore think that we must wait for the driver update for MacOS 10.15, hoping not to wait for a long time. 

HP Recommended

I'd like to share with the community the following errors related to the captioned printers after installation of macOS Catalina:

when trying to print:

- "prefilter" cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

- "rastertosec" cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

- "commandtosec" cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

when trying to scan:

- scanner device is not responding

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please find a guide to be able to install your Samsung printer in the new MAC OS 10.15 update. I hope this helps. 

https://docdro.id/n4BZFUR

If not let me know, as of today, for scanning the easy document creator is no longer working. 

Regards 

HP Recommended

Hi Jarz19, I followed the instructions of the PDF attached to your message and I was able to install the printer samsung xpress C480.

As far as the scanner is concerned the installation of both installation packages, ICDM & ScanThru, failed with the following generic error message: "the installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance".

Please note that I tried to install the scan drivers for different MacOS version, i.e. 10.14, 10.13, etc, all them with no success. 

A a result in system preferences -- printers & scanners, doesn't appear the box for the scan option.

In conclusion I can now print but I cannot scan.

Even not 100% solved I've really appreciated your useful help.

Cheers

HP Recommended

I'm facing a similar situation, the easy printer manager doesnt work anymore and also de scanner assistant is not compatible too. 

There are only drivers and softwares for mac os 14.10.

Is not commom that a company such as HP receives the new versions of MAC OS / Windows previously to work on drivers and softwares  ??

HP Recommended

I checked the legacy software on my Mac & Samsung printer is not in the list of the software 32 bit, thus printer software are already based on 64 bit. Last drivers update from HP is od Dec-18, thus I believe we must wait the new drivers update, but who knows when. In any cases as I said in my previous message, I was able to install the printer following the instruction of document attached to the message of Jarz19, but I was unable to install the scanner.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.