Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Many thanks @docger1 for this explaination, but in my Preview app, the File/Import from scanner is grayed. Any clues why ?

HP Recommended

Have you downloaded and installed the scanner driver for your Samsung printer?  Is it installed in Preferences > Printers and Scanners in the Scanner section?

You're Mac can't see your scanner if the scanner drivers aren't installed.  

HP Recommended

As I have already said in a previous message the installation of both scanner installation packages, ICDM & ScanThru, failed with the following generic error message: "the installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance". Without an update to MacOS 10.15 of samsung scanner drivers from HP, no way for C480 to scan. 

HP Recommended

When you go to add your printer/scanner multi-function in the Preferences > Printer and Scanner area, isn't your printer listed?  Mine was right there in the list and came right up.  I too have a C48x MF printer/scanner.  And I have never installed any new 64 bit drivers except what was originally provided on the initial printer installation.  

Not sure why this isn't available for you.  

HP Recommended

I can see my printer as well I can print, but this just because I disabled the malware check from apple on the installation of the printer drivers prior OS 10,15 by typing the following text in the terminal: "sudo spctl --master-disable". Instead I cannot scan, because the drivers installation failed with all the drivers currently available at: " https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers". Having said that my understanding is that the base of the drivers versions prior to 10.15 is already at 64 bit architecture. In conclusion without the update from HP to OS 10.15 I believe I cannot anymore scan. 

HP Recommended

I'm sorry to tell you that AirPrint didn't works with accounting feature! Actually we have ten workstations unable to print!
The lightness with which HP is dealing with this problem is embarrassing .... as are the answers from the support.
The damage generated is greater than the decision to throw your printer into the toilet and buy another one. Never again HP hardware in the future.

HP Recommended

It turns out that it's easy to get the printer to work with Catalina.

When the Mac gives a message that it can't open a piece of code in the printer's driver, go to System Preferences > SECURITY AND PRIVACY > GENERAL. At the bottom of the window click ALLOW ANYWAY. It will take several clicks in various boxes, but finally the printer will work.

I have a Samsung C430W laser printer and it now prints perfectly.

HP Recommended

PLEASE HELP PRINT BY C410 PRINTER IN CATALINA UPDATE

HP Recommended

Preview for scanning workaround works - but only scans one page at a time - awkward when trying to scam multi-page documents.

HP Recommended

Does your scanner have a Document Feeder or just a Flatbed?

My Samsung C480 has both, and the Document Feeder allows me to scan multiple pages.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.