Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

For others looking for a solution: This is it!!! Thanks to @emre858 but this is a slight variation which worked for me.

That's how I was able to install my fully functional M2070FW printer on Catalina

1. I downloaded the latest driver (M2070_Series_Mac_PrinterDriver_V1.04.01.zip) form HP's site
  2. Unzipped the file
  3. Run the pkg file in ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC_Printer/Printer Driver.pkg
  4. This will will go through the install process, but mine threw an error twice ("InstallerApps") - press Cancel on the popups however, the installer continues and ends in success.
  5. Unzipped ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC Data/Printer Driver.zip which created ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC Data/Printer Driver folder
  6. Copy the file ~/Downloads/PrinterDriver/MAC Installer/MAC Data/Printer Driver/10.6/PPD/gzipfile/Samsung M2070 Series.gz to your home folder ~ (or desktop)
  7. Opened System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and hit [+] button to add a new printer
  8. Selected [Other...] under [Use] dropdown menu and selected the gz file Samsung 2070 Series
    1. Its possible that you might see the Samsung printers under [Use] -> Select Software, if so, you can select this.
  9. Voila! Both the printer and scanner is working!

HP Recommended

When I tried this I was unable to select the gz file, it was disabled. Anyone else been successful with this one?

HP Recommended

the gz file was also greyed-out (disabled) for me.

HP Recommended

You need to move the gz file (Samsung M2070 Series.gz in my case) to somewhere like your home or desktop folder - it cannot be in the downloads folder.

HP Recommended

Great, this worked for me, but was still disabled with my desktop folder - possibly something to do with the new folder restrictions for certain folders or it being setup for syncing to iCloud. I copied the file to a non-icloud folder and it worked as expected.

Scanning worked ok and my first test print worked.

Supply levels don't show.

Thanks for the work around.

HP Recommended

yepp - printing is ok - But what about Scanning?

HP Recommended

Both printing and scanning work. 

HP Recommended

Printing work ok, But sometimes it only print strange marks?

Scanning is ok, but if you try scan PDF file is broken.

HP Recommended

This didn't work for me with my Samsung Xpress M2835DW printer. I am able to get the gz file in the home folder, etc, but when I go to Add the printer and choose the gz file I get an error that says "Some of the software for the printer is missing. You may have to reinstall the software to be able to successfully print."

And then: "The software for the printer was installed incorrectly. Please reinstall the software from the manufacturer."

When I set it up via AirPrint, printing just produces a bunch of garbled characters at the top of each page and keeps printing pages like that even if the document is just 1 page.

When will HP provide an update to the drivers for 10.15???? This is ridiculous.

HP Recommended

After it fails to install, is it actually available in the drop down rather than AirPrint even though it stays on AirPrint? - I can't remember what the error message was when I did mine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.