Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Even if we have different printers, I have a Samsung C480, we all have a lot of problems with the new drivers updated by HP to OS 10.15 on 11-Dec-19. In my case the installation of the scanner drivers failed due to an error. Having said that my question is: "how can we inform HP that the new drivers for OS 10.15 must be checked?" Is it enough to participate to this forum for informing HP technical assistance? 

HP Recommended

As a side note, the printer should be working fine without any drivers using AirPrint, is that a Catalina issue or a problem with the AirPrint implementation in the printer firmware - if firmware, I suspect the chances of HP fixing are remote - they obviously didn't even bother testing the last driver release for Catalina.

I encourage everyone to contact https://twitter.com/HPSupport

HP Recommended

Hey!

Have the same problem, pretty disappointing. Here's a full report of whats happening including a GIF for someone or a Samsung/HP Agent to fix this ASAP:

Samsung Xpress SL-M2070FW Laser Multifunction Printer Drivers Issue:

I have a Samsung Xpress M2070FW Laser Multifunction Printer, and it’s a mess guys, the scanner doesn’t work at all. As u can see the GIF attached, the Latest Driver u published 2 weeks ago (December the 11th) for Mac OS Catalina 10.15 doesn’t work at all. It’s very disappointing to have a great printer and the functions are broken. Please help us ASAP.

Also make sure the scanning driver works perfectly when u finally fix it, I’m talking about scanning multiple documents for a single file, export to PDF and so on….these never worked before just a simple scan to JPG. Disappointing.

https://gph.is/g/4Dnv32n

Rgds,

HP Recommended

Hi all 🙂

I've just fixed the driver released by HP in December the 11th.

Here the (fully) working code: https://github.com/silverfix/Samsung-Universal-Scan-Driver-for-MacOS-Catalina

Enjoy!

HP Recommended

Hi Rabbagliettiand

Whilst i appreciate your message and solution, its not from HP is it?

Can you explain more? you've fixed it?

Great if this is a solution, but I cant afford to 'test' by upgrading my laptop and it and for it to not work for me.

thank (fingers crossed)

HP Recommended

Hi Mrsimonb, yeah it's a fix from me, not HP.

If you can trust it then use it, else wait for official support.

Best,

Andrea

HP Recommended

Thanks for doing it, id test it if i could. Hopefully we'll get a few others to try it out if they can

HP Recommended

OK, so heres a whole group of questions I have with the supposed scanner fix:

1 How do I download it?  How do I install It?

2 What exactly does it fix?  What software do I need to use to scan?  Preview?  Image Capture?  Or Easy Document Creator?

3 Does it fix the issue where you HAVE to save the file as a .jpeg type...or with this fix can I now save as a .pdf?

4 Does this work with all Samsung multi-function printer/scanners?  I have a Samsung C480, and I can get it to scan...but only with the Mac Preview or Image Capture and only to a .jpeg file.

Thanks for answering these questions.  I don't want to download your file and then have it mess up what already works, albeit in a crippled fashion. 

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help... But how to be confident of your contribution ? There is no source files provided. How to be sure, you are just propagating a virus ?

HP Recommended

The issue is very simple, the new drivers for OS 10.15 for the samsung printer C480 uploaded by HP on 11-Dec-19 do not work. At the end of the installation an error message is prompted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.