Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Sorry about that, corrected the error. Hows the new printer?

HP Recommended

Haven't bought another one - using the b&w laser for the time being.  I'm thinking Brother for future printer purchases.  

HP Recommended

As well as MacCatalinaUser I'm using the printer,  but I must use iPhone for scan. As well as her I'll think a lot of before buying a new HP or any other brands like Samsung once sold then technically supported by HP. To me there are only 2 alternatives: a. HP technicians are incompetent, b. this is a marketing strategy from HP. In any cases both the alternatives return a bad image of HP 

HP Recommended

If Xerox are successful in buying HP, I suspect that then HP printer drivers will not be updated [ah, sweet justice!].  I might hold off and see how their bid works out.

HP Recommended

I agree with this. We have had too long with defective printers / scanners. My next printer is certainly not an HP or Samsung printer.

HP Recommended

No feedback yet from @krazyToad

HP Recommended

@Mrsimonb

I had already escalated your issue but I will send an email to the concerned team once again

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my C460W = the printer is not working with Catalina

HP Recommended

Thanks @KrazyToad, we appreciate your help, and we are all hanging on to what answers you can get. 

Ok so this new escalation started 23rd Jan (page 14), we have has no extra info yet.

Ive just noticed that on the 30th Jan, the 1st post (back on 10th Aug 2019) has been up dated by HP with a "Recommended Solution from HP" 

Ive just checked this "recommended solution", its a list of compatible printers for Catalina (airprint and drivers)
For the  SL-M2070W is yes "AirPrint"=Yes, HP Driver=In Development

From that document, heres some interesting stats for you. 

49 drivers , 'In Development'

12 driver, 'Available Now'

AirPrint compatibility doesn't seem to be the complete solution, but only for printing and not scanning.

Im am staggered!! It feels to me like HP are penalising me as a Mac owner

HP Recommended

On 28-Jan, HP issued the 3rd release of the scanner drivers for my Samsung C480, but even after this release the Samsung Easy Document Creator don't see the scanner. I am amazed!!!!! This just to use a euphemisms of what I'd like to say to HP. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.