Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Something appeared to be missing from my post yesterday so here it is again

@KrazyToad any news on our escalation? its been ages

This was apparently escalated on the 22nd Jan 2020, this was over 1 month ago, and we have had nothing, except another message to say another email was sent to the HP team. 

Im not surprised TBH, people have been trying to get answers on this since October. We get the message HP, and you will get ours when we vote with our feet.

HP Recommended

Samsung C480, I found a new release of the drivers dated 20-Feb. Now both printer & scanner work OK.

However please note that for scanner the 'samsung easy document creator' doesn't anymore work, thus for scanning you must select the scan option in printer & scanner of system preferences.

Hope all of you may solve this amazing issue, good luck. 

HP Recommended

When I last posted here, i was asked to fill in a HP survey, so i did. Please have a big rant if you also get asked to do a survey on these forums.

HP Recommended

Come on guys, release the drivers already. Can print on AirPrint but have no option for duplex (double sided) printing. Samsung M2070W.

HP Recommended

So i've just had a message update, which reads.

MrSimonB, It is not necessary to keep creating new posts.  Your initial post  is in the queue awaiting follow up.  Thank you for your patience.   Cheers

I wonder who else would find acceptable being quiet for a month, not knowing anything, no update, being ignored, with a serious problem for MANY people. It is very insulting.
And this started back in September 2019, that is a long time.

It is a total waste of my time posting here, I dont do it for fun, if we were giving ANY info, we wouldn't have to.

HP Recommended

Downloaded Mojave driver as suggested. Wiped Library/Printers.  Not sure what "Confirm the download from the update servers" means. From system, loaded Samsung M2070 Series.gz file and...

Nothing! Still get following error notices when trying to print:

- "prefilter" cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

- "rastertosec" cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

- "commandtosec" cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

Print Queuewindow says "Stopped - There was no input data"

I moved the software from my desktop to an internal folder and did another reinstall and now getting something totally different:

Some of the software for the printer is missing. The software is available from Apple. Would you like to download and install it?...

Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.

To say I'm going in circles is an understatement.

😡😩

HP Recommended

UPDATE:

Holy Crap... Not only were all the drivers useless, but I couldn't get the printer to connect via WIFI in order to use AirPrint. The printer is upstairs in my office but the router is in the basement. I decided to move the printer to the basement and I FINALLY got it to connect to the WIFI AND successfully connected it through AirPrint. Not the exact setup I want but at this point I don't care. I actually have a working printer!!!! Will still be anxiously awaiting any new drivers that will allow it to work with Catalina so I can have it back up in my office but it's a step forward after hours and hours of trouble shooting. 🙂

HP Recommended

AirPrint will be unstable and you’ll start to get problems after a few prints. Don’t put too much paper in your printer tray and print unattended  😉

Regarding the failed update servers, remove the contents of /Library/Printers and try the steps again.

HP Recommended

Anyone else just get a private message from hp support?

HP Recommended

I downloaded and installed the February 2020 drivers for my Samsung C480 MF printer and scanner.

Neither of them worked for me...and threw error messages on both.  

What the heck am I doing wrong?  After about an hour, I was able to restore my old original Samsung drivers to get the printer and scanner to work again via my original solution. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.