Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I think my samsung printer goes to trash! I will buy Brother printer.
This is ridiculous..

HP Recommended

depending on your location and length of time you have owned it, you could return it to the retailer.

it is a shame that some will actually be going to landfill because HP don’t care.

HP Recommended

Ive been promised some answers from an HP moderator soon (in the next day or two), so i'm hopeful of finding something out for us. I know we've been promised before but lets be positive.

HP Recommended

@Mrsimonb

I have escalated your concerns to the appropriate team and they will get back to you soon

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks @KrazyToad, just in case you forgot, you already escalated it‎ over 1 month ago. See below. And we heard nothing from that. Can you please estimate a reply timeline? Would you be happy waiting over 1 month for no reply if you had a problem with a company?

01-28-2020 04:08 PM Mrsimonb I had already escalated your issue but I will send an email to the concerned team once again Thank you KrazyToad I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP have just done another release of the driver today - 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/samsung-xpress-sl-m2070-laser-multifuncti...

You'd think HP would have the decency to drop a note on here.

I've not installed it, but I'll give it a try over the weekend.

Edit - 

I've just noticed that I think my previous comment suggesting that the people that really needed HP's help will have purchased another printer by this point, has been removed. Did anyone find it offensive or is it wrong to suggest that people might have been inconvenienced by this problem and looked elsewhere for a solution?

Lots of people have posted work arounds and provided support to get others back up and printing - this is something that HP should have been doing. 

The truth is that I suspect even if people here get their printers working again, they will think long and hard about buying anything from HP in the future.

HP Recommended

Update as promised, the new drivers install cleanly without any errors and printing seemed ok on the test print I did. I left the selection as defaulted to AirPrint.

Scan to PDF still results in a corrupted PDF file being created if that is important to you.

HP Recommended

Thanks Mleec,

i think only mods can remove messages.  Seemed fine to me (and probably everyone else).

Which printer model have you got?

scanning to PDF, is pretty important to me.

HP Recommended

I see the driver for the M2070w was updated for Catalina on the 28th Feb (see 1st post for list)

I cant try it as im still on Mojave, and not changing till a working driver, or found another supplier

Screenshot 2020-03-01 at 21.08.42.png

HP Recommended

I've got an M2070W

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.