Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Need Samsung MultiXpress SL-X4250LX HDD recovery image, The hard drive seems to be failing or corrupt, would need the 3 files listed in the service manual, however cannot find any information on locating the files, tired using the firmware but that doesnt do anything. Any guidance or links to files would be appreciated!

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello, I was wondering if you ever found this as I am pretty sure I need the same thing.

HP Recommended

Yes I did, send me your email and I will forward the download link to you

HP Recommended

Hey man can u send it to me aswell?

[personal information removed per Rules Of Participation]

I also need for x3220nr if u got the file send it to me aswell

thanks a bunch

saki

HP Recommended

I need all files to format HDD of Samsung SL-M4580

includes IU Recovery , OS or whatever it is

HP Recommended

Hey, Can you send me That file too, please? 

For SL X4250LX

i Hope so...

thank You!

HP Recommended

I got a same issue,, please give me the file or link

HP Recommended

Hi! - Need recovery HDD images - I ordered replacement drive for my SCX-8030ND, sender explained all files are present, verified HDD does indeed have folders / files, but printer continues to come up in restore mode.  I'll send you my email address - thanks!

HP Recommended

help please if you still have the samsung printer hdd recovery image sl-x4250lx and x4300

HP Recommended

All - After months of searching stumbled upon this HP FTP URL for my specific printer:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/SCX-8030ND/

You can start from ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers and see if you can find your printer.  It had the HDD recover files, I was able to put on a USB drive and restore my newly installed HDD and got the printer up again!

Tips:

- I ordered a replacement HDD which came already formatted w/the required files, but did not work when installed on the printer.

- So, once I found the above FTP site, I downloaded SCX80XX_HDD_RECOVERY_V5.N6.29.zip into a temp folder.

- Unzipped to file:  SCX_8030_8040_V11.1X.05.29.FS2.02.00.00.05.tar.gz.ehd  (if memory serves, you only need this file, no further unzipping required)

- Put the above (.ehd) file on a USB drive

- Put USB drive in printer and did the recovery from USB option

After all the grief I went thru, hope this helps many others!  HP wouldn't even discuss the issue (after telling me they knew exactly how to fix it) w/o me being a partner - tried to sign up but they rejected - all they had to do was share this public FTP site to actually.... you know.... help - their customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.