Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
SL-C483W (Serial number: CNB2M72ZXY)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The product name and serial number: SL-C483W (Serial number: [edited])

Hello, I am using the above model of multifunctioning printer I bought it in Korea 2 months ago and brought it in Baltimore.

Because one of the four toner cartridge was went out a few days ago, I searched on line and found out that CLT-P404s (four color set), CLT-K404S, CLT-C404S, CLT-M-404S, CLT-Y404s are compatible to my printer. So, I bought CLT-P404s and CLT-C404S at Amazon. When I exchanged the cyan color toner, I did not work. On the small screen on the printer, there was a message "Cyan color toner is an incompatible one". So, I searched on HP website again about the compatible toner and identified these toner cartridges are compatible but there was a mention like this: "Only Korea". So I did a live chat on HP site and was advised that it may be because the regional setting is different. If I change the regional setting, can I use this printer with these toner cartridge. Or there is no way to use this printer in US until I bought toner cartridges from Korea?

Thank you very much in advance~

Yoonah 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You will probably have to contact tech support, it should be possible but there will be a sequence or code that only technical support can provide.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

How can I have a service technical support? How can I contact them?

HP Recommended

Where are you located as the phone numbers are geographically based.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.