Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I fully agree with all that's been said, hp shouldhave had drivers available because Apple gave plenty of notice about their 64 bit system. I have a Samsung C1810W which also doesn't work .Please do something HP

HP Recommended Solution: Samsung printers compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15. Click here
25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hello Dereham84,

Please find a guide to be able to install your Samsung printer in the new MAC OS 10.15 update. I hope this helps, please skip the scanner part. 

https://docdro.id/n4BZFUR

Regards 

HP Recommended

I have the same question for OS 10.15 and Samsung (bought by HP) ProXpress M3870 FD

currently on OS 10.14. with several issues

1 - keep getting error messages that all the samsung apps (scan assistant etc) will not work because they are 32 bit

2 - when scanning with the native interface scans to JPG BMP etc are fine. to PDF- corrupt scan cannot be read by ANY pdf utility

no help whatsoever from HP.. one support person told me to buy a new device (why should I junk a perfectly function device??)

would really like to hear how to get this device to fully work.. in either OS 10.14 or 10.15

HP Recommended

@entdoc, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Try scanning using Apple Image Capture-

Scan with Apple Image Capture

Apple Image Capture comes with macOS and OS X and provides a quick and simple way to scan.

Apple Image Capture

1. Place the document or photo print side down on the scanner glass, and then close the scanner lid.

If your printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF), use it to scan multiple page documents at one time.

CAUTION: 

Do not load photos in the ADF.

2. Open Finder , and then click Go in the top menu bar.

3. Click Applications, and then double-click Image Capture.

4. Click your printer name in the Devices or Shared list.

NOTE: 

If a Software for this device is not installed message displays after you select your printer, click Install, and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.

5. Click Show Details at the bottom of the screen.

A preview of the scan displays, and then change any of the following settings:

• Scan Mode: Select the scanning bed or automatic document feeder.

• Kind: Set scan as color, black and white, or optimized for text only documents.

• Resolution: Higher resolution produces better quality images by using more dots (pixels) per inch. Higher resolution increases the file size of the scan. Use a higher resolution for scans with graphics or items that require the best detail. If you are scanning black and white text, higher resolution is not necessary.

• Size: Use a standard paper size or select the Use Custom Size option.

• Scan to: Select the folder you want scans to save to or use the Mail option to attach the scan to an Apple Mail email message.

• Name: Type a name for the saved scan file.

• Format: Select the file type for the scan.

NOTE: 

To save multiple page documents or multiple images into a single file, select the PDF or TIFF format, and then select the box next to Combine into single document. This feature is only available with these formats.

• Image Correction: Click the pop-up menu, and then select Manual to display color change options such as brightness and saturation.

6. Click Scan.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry but been there done that.

the scan preview looks great and is even seen in the preview window.

the actual scan when directed to be saved as a pdf is corrupt.

any other format (jpg bmp png) is fine.

c'mon HP get with it.

yes one could scan to a jpg and then export to a pdf but this is cumbersome\

and yes at the moment one could use Samsung easy doc creator or scan assistant.

(easy doc creator being the more cumbersome of the two)

but AFAIK both these are 32 bit so while they (still) work with Mojave OS 10.14 with Catalina 10.15 they will be a no go.

and BTW it is VERY VERY VERY hard to actually communicate with a printer support tech on HP

(compare with Logitech where an actual human answers tech support mails

or Apple that has a Skype number to call to speak to a live person or MS which also has live support. etc etc)

and BTW one tech person at HP that did answer told me to junk the printer (which works perfectly) because it was obsolete and to buy a new one. not a way to endear one's company to they buying public

that attitude will make me think a dozen times over if and when I do need to buy a printer (say for one of my kids)

and pretty much assures that whatever I do buy will not be HP or samsung

HP Recommended

@entdoc

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do appreciate your effort to be helpful

but been there done that too

IIRC it was in a private message from someone (else I hope) at HP

that I DID give the SN of the printer, and as I said the reply I got\

was that it was obsolete buy a new one

so while I say thank you to you individually I hold little hope for any useful help from HP itself

who BTW seem to treat samsung printers as "orphans"

HP Recommended

Same issue for HP driver for HP officejet Pro 8720

HP Recommended

Where is the update for the scanner on a Mac running 10.15 Catalina

HP Recommended

When MAC upgraded to MAC OS Catalina Version 10.15 and I updated the latest drive for my HP 8725 on Oct 9, 2019, the following problems occurred:  

1.  My printer and scanner could connect to my MAC Pro for only one job.  However, the flatbed scanner was completely inoperable.

2.  I had to turn off the printer and tHen on again for the printer in order to get the second job printed or scanned using only the document feeder.

3.  I had to repeat tHis procedure for each and every job.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.