Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Scanning with HP Easy Scan Is STILL NOT WORKING WITH MacOS Catalina!!!!

Today is 10-28-2019. Enough Is Enough. Perhaps Epson or Canon are in my wish list at Best Buy??

Please Fix This Issue ASAP!

HP Recommended

I can scan using utilities (hp) but not HP Easy Scan. I had to completely uninstall previous drivers and make a clean install.

HP Recommended

Regarding what I posted above and my Samsung 3870 proxpress

I finally got a PM from someone at HP

they referred the issue to the local support in my country

who finally reached me today.

well to be honest I gave up on that printer and donated it to my son who is in school and uses Win 10 so it should serve him well.

of course by the time local HP called the printer was donated. and without it being in front of me of course they cannot help.

however IMHO this issue is more than what a local country support centre can deal with.  this issue of corrupt PDF scans in 10.14 (and NOT in 10.13) needs to be tested in an HP lab with the same equipment and OS and be dealt with by programmers and engineers.  not by a local country support centre.  

but of course HP will never do that.

BTW the samsung 3870 IS AirPrint supported

aside:   I ran through quite a few web pages of samsung (bought by HP) printers looking at Mac support.

most or all had drivers for Mac 10.14 which are identical (date and size) to those of 10.13

(so why are scans to PDF corrupt in 10.14???? still no solution from HP)

NONE had drivers for 10.15

in contrast I ran through a bunch of web pages for HP  printers that are AirPrint supported.

pretty much every one of them DID HAVE 10.15 drivers.

so folks I dunno what you think but I feel that HP is treating its (bought) samsung printers and customers like

a bunch of orphans.   and of course all they reply is "we understand your concern and have passed your info on to the relevant departments. meaning the circular file. 

sorry for the rant.

oddly there is a nice HP branded MF device that might fit my budget and claims to have 10.15 drivers but I will check brother and others first..........

HP Recommended

Perhaps HP should stop selling printers unless and until they have the new drivers. Maybe a boycott? ITs been since OCTOBER! 

It is frustrating to say the least to buy a brand new printer - unbox it, set it up, have the "usual" initial connection problems, work thru them, only to find that the scanner will not work and/or the printer itself because HP HAS  BEEN ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL! 

I have lost confidence in the once-might printer manufacturer. 

HP Recommended

Buy any other printer, except HP

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer - C311a

I have been experiencing printing problems ever since the past few Mac OS 10.xx updates and especially since 10.15 Catalina. I have the "latest" driver installed, i.e. HP Utility Version 5.37.1 (1789) - LOL is 1789 the year it was released???

It takes a full 15 minutes to print a page of simple text!!!!

Come on, HP, you're an industry leader and you can do this! I love my Photosmart All-in-One and don't want to change for a lesser model or different cartridges!

HP Recommended

I have a MacBookAir OS Catalina10.15.1 and this laptop does not recognise my Envy4500 series printer. My old desktop still does.  Do I need to install a new printer driver?

HP Recommended

HP Envy 4500 Serial number [edit].  The error message on my laptop MacBookAir says "the printer is not recognised". 

HP Recommended

I have a Samsung M288x. Where can I find an Easy Printer Manager driver that will make the scanner work with MAC OS Catalina 10-15-2?

HP Recommended

Very poor corporate strategy and policy!  Force obsolesce, fill up landfills because you are trying to sell more printers?  My 8620 is a few years old.  I need to buy a new one as it is clear you aren't providing a solution since Catalina launched on the macs over 4+ months.

I won't be buying any HP printers or anything branded HP moving forward.  

I am available as a consultant to help your organization focus on customers and improve sales through better products and services.  You have a serious problem in this area which hurts your brand and will result in a loss of sales.  The shocking thing is that a GM or President had to actually think " OK, we will eliminate functionality of the printers that a customer paid a few hundred dollars for and they will buy another a new HP printer."  Wrong..there are many other printer manufacturers and I encourage everyone to try another company.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.