Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress C480W
iOS

Everything seems to work, the signal on the printer is ok. It says it is printing but nothing happens. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Tried everyting: start over, restart wifi, restart mac, uninstall printer, install printer. No changes.

Mac OS 10.12.6. 

Is ther anyone who knows how to solve this?

HP Recommended
My closest hp support team has been trying for several hours to make it work. Still no success but they have not given up. Will see if they can solve the problem...
HP Recommended

I have talked to Apple support, we have found out that it is AIrPrint that not work. The Firmwarefile I downloaded from HP-page is an exe-file! So of course it didn't work to use that.

I opened "Sync Thru" in samsung printer. Logged in, network settings, AirPrint and did all that showed on HP-support page. I already have those settings.

I also opened "Firmware upgrade" from AirPrint an upgraded. It didnt helped.

I can't print from my iPhone.

But from my PC is no problem. But I dont want to start PC every time I want to print.

So HP/Samsung Support: How do I upgrade so AirPrint works?

HP Recommended

I bought this thing as a small business printer.  It worked out of the box n wife pretty easy.   Samsung printer first stopped printing on wifi, never figured that out but I could print of the USB.   Then it stopped printing altogether.   I found  SyncThru Web and it prints reports.  I tried updating drivers from HP, all turned down as invalid by SyncThru.  It is connected to my wifi.  Nothing works.   I hate this printer.   Any solutions besides a hammer and the bin?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.