Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress C480W (SL-C480W/SEE)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Je suis possesseur d'une imprimante laser couleurs Samsung Xpress C480W depuis quelques années. Je n'ai jamais eu de soucis avec jusqu'ici.

En début de semaine, j'ai souhaité changer un toner noir arrivant en fin de capacité. J'ai donc acheté le toner (un Samsung K404S, je précise) en question sur Amazon (ICI même).

Suite au changement, le voyant Status passe en orange et l'imprimante m'affiche "Not compatible toner" pour les quatre toners présents dans la machine, y compris ceux que je n'ai pas changé et qui ont déjà été à moitié consommés. Je précise que ce ne sont pas des génériques mais bien les références recommandées par Samsung.

J'ai essayé plusieurs choses, quasiment dans cet ordre :

• Remettre l'ancien toner noir. Non seulement le problème persiste, mais l'imprimante m'indique maintenant que ce toner, pourtant entièrement consommé dans cette même machine, n'est pas non plus compatible ;
  • Eteindre et rallumer l'imprimante plusieurs fois ;
  • Eteindre et débrancher (jusqu'à plus d'une heure) l'imprimante plusieurs fois ;
  • Regardé le message d'erreur dans la documentation de l'imprimante. L'action correspondante est "Installez la cartouche de toner authentique Samsung correspondante.", ce qui ne m'aide pas car toutes mes cartouches sont censées être des authentiques Samsung ;
  • Remettre les pilotes à jour ;
  • Effectuer un diagnostic de l'imprimante avec l'outil "Samsung Printer Diagnostic". Ce dernier me retourne dans un premier temps qu'aucune cartouche n'est disponible (image 1 ci-dessous), puis me donne un "problème détecté" par cartouche (image 2) ;
  • Passer un coup sur les fiches en métal des cartouches et les pins de l'imprimante avec un tissu sec ;
  • Purgé le récupérateur de toner.

Rien à faire, le voyant orange fixe persiste, et toujours les mêmes erreurs.

Je n'ai plus d'idées pour corriger ça.

Est-ce que vous avez déjà eu ce problème, et avez-vous pu le résoudre (sans changer d'appareil si possible) ?

Je vous remercie par avance.

Image 1 :

Arthorius_1-1590230379622.png

Image 2 :

Arthorius_3-1590230804481.png

Note : le 5e pb de l'image 2 est dû à une manip non terminée postérieure à l'erreur décrite ci-dessus.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

Spanish: HP Comunidad
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区

Thank you for your understanding

HP Recommended

I'm sorry, I think English is the most simple.

The traduction follows :

I have a Samsung Xpress C480W printer for years, and I never had any problem with it until today.

At the beginning of the week, I had to change the black toner cartridge because it was almost empty. So I bought a toner (a Samsung CLT K404S) sold on Amazon (Here, but in French).

But after the change, the “Status” seeing turned to orange and the printer screen displays “Not compatible toner” for all toners in the printer, including the three color toners I didn’t changed. These 3 toners are already half consumed by the printer. I add all my toners are not cheaper ones but the Samsung recommended toners for this printer model.

I tried some things, more or less in the following order :

• I put back the old black toner. My problem persists. Moreover, the printer displays “Not compatible toner” for it too, in despite of this one was almost consumed in the same machine ;
  • I reboot the printer several times ;
  • I shut down and unplugged (during minutes to one hour) the printer several times ;
  • I searched the error message in the printer documentation. The only recommendation I found is “install an authentic Samsung toner cartridge”. It’s not useful at all because all my cartridges are normally authentic Samsung toners ;
  • I updated drivers ;
  • I proceeded to a printer diagnostic with the “Samsung Printer diagnostic”. It says all cartridges are not available (“non disponible” ; Image 1 in first message), and allows one detected problem per cartridge (Image 2 in first message).
  • I tried to clean metal connection parts on the toner and printer metal connection pins with dry and clean tissue ;
  • I purged the toner collector.

There is nothing to do, the orange LED is still alight (without blink) and the printer displays the same error messages (one per toner, for the four colors).

I don’t see what I can do now.

Have you ever had this problem and could you resolve it (without changing printer if it’s possible) ?

Thank you very much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.