Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
SCX-4521F
Microsoft Windows XP

Dear Sir/Madam, my Samsung SCX-4521F Printer/Scanner/Copier (ser no [edit] , 8P61BABI_90250K) won't Print. I have tried 3 different printer cartridges and none work. I have tried printing from my computer and it won't work. I have tried copying and it won't work. However, It DOES scan documents.

The display shows the following, but won't change when I push 'menu':

11-31-2011 [MDY]
09:20 (PM) (the time changes appropriately.

I have looked in the 'Samsung Laser MFP User's Guide, SCX-4x21 Series' manual, and found nothing to solve the problem.

I am at a loss as to what to do. JC

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Coppens2:

I do have several questions regarding the issue with the printer. It is not printing at all or it is printing only blank pages? 

If the printer is only printing or copying blank pages and if you already tried several toners, there might be a problem with the LSU (Laser unit) that is inside the printer, if this is the case, the printer needs to be checked by a technician. 

If it's not printing or copying  at all does it show any error message on the screen? You can try printing a configuration report directly from the printer

Press Menu until “Reports” appears on the top line of the
display.
2 Press the scroll button ( or ) to display the report or list
you want to print on the bottom line.

•System Data: System data list

3 Press Enter.
The selected information prints out

If the report is printed blank, the issue might be with the LSU. If its not printed my recommendation will be to do a clear all memory, to set the printer to the factory settings. 

Clearing the Memory
You can selectively clear information stored in your machine’s
memory.
CAUTION: For SCX-4521F/ SCX-4521FR users, before
clearing the memory, make sure that all fax jobs have been
completed.
1 Press Menu on the control panel until “Maintenance”
appears on the top line of the display.
2 Press the scroll button ( or ) until you see “Clear
Memory” on the bottom line and press Enter.
The first available menu item, “Clear All Mem.”, displays
on the bottom line.
3 Press the scroll button ( or ) until you see the item you
want to clear.
•Clear All Mem.: Clears all of the data stored in the
memory.

Press enter 

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Dear AlexRPrint:

Thanks for your reply.

1.  The paper is feeding through but nothing appears on the page after i print something.

2.  The screen only shows the date in the following format:

11-31-2011 [MDY]
09:20 (PM) (the time changes appropriately.)

3.  Pressing Menu has no effect.  Only the date shows in the display.   Jim

HP Recommended

Hello Coppens2:

Thank you! Just to verify with you, if you turn on your printer without a toner, does the message displayed on the screen change? or it's the same (date). It's really weird that is not picking the options when you hit the buttons. I'm trying to see if maybe a firmware update would help. 

HP Recommended

Dear Alex, I will try turning it on without the toner cartridge.  But  I have had trouble with the display before.  Sometimes it doesn't work.

But I think I need to take the printer to a Samsung or HP repair facility.  How can I find one in the Orlando, FL area?  Jim

HP Recommended

Alex HP 060919 Printer SCX-4521F

Dear Alex, when I take the printer cartridge out, and turn off and on the machine, I get no display.

That's not surprising, as the display has malfunctioned intermittently over the last couple of years.

I need help finding a Samsung/HP repair facility in Orlando.

Jim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.