Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress SL-M2020W
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I am having issues with the SL-M2020W when trying to print in "High Quality (1200dpi)" on Mac.  I believe this to be a driver issue. Any advise on how to fix this would be appreciated. 

Symptom:  When printing in "High Quality" the image gets stretched out and has +/-5mm white horizontal banding. This does not happen when printing in "Normal".

Image printed: Vector image of a hexagon exported to PDF. 

Printer firmware:  V3.00.01.23

The symptom described above only happens on Mac. When printing the same file using WIN10 both "Normal" and "High Quality" prints perfectly.  The printer is brand new. 

IMG_7121.jpgIMG_7120.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After some fiddling, I figured out the problem.

1. Install the latest drivers by downloading it from HP.  (I did this previously, but Step 2 provided the solution.)

2. Manually add the printer. DO NOT accept the "default" settings provided by OSX. Manually select the driver instead and everything works as it should. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 5.20.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 5.19.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-15 at 5.20.13 PM.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After some fiddling, I figured out the problem.

1. Install the latest drivers by downloading it from HP.  (I did this previously, but Step 2 provided the solution.)

2. Manually add the printer. DO NOT accept the "default" settings provided by OSX. Manually select the driver instead and everything works as it should. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 5.20.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 5.19.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-15 at 5.20.13 PM.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.