Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (240 Views)

Samsung 10 yr old printer will not scan.

Product Name: Samsung Printer SCX-3405FW
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 10 year old printer will not scan but successfully prints & copies. This started 3 months ago. The error message is " no power or not connected to computer". Obviously wrong because it prints & copies. I contacted HP Support today who helped me install the latest drivers but problem continues. Can anyone help me, please!!

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 4 (195 Views)

Re: Samsung 10 yr old printer will not scan.

Hi

By the looks of it; it may be a firmware problem, may I suggest you try upgrading the firmware.

Regards..

Provost
Message 3 of 4 (151 Views)

Hi,

I would first suggest scanning from Easy Document Creator on your PC and verify its functionality:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05587875

Also ensure that scan to a Windows computer is enabled on Easy Printer Manager:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05590479

Please let me know if you are able to scan from yoru computer and if you may see any difference, for any issues be sure to clarify your operating system version..

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (113 Views)

I fixed the problem by rearranging cables into the router. I already have Easy Printing Manager installed. Thanks for your help.      Cadet 3

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation