Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Malik521_0-1613508776108.png

HP Recommended

Thank you Malik , 

I have a Samsung C460 , this drivers also work for my printer/scanner . no more crash or error when I scan in color. 

( is it due to the driver or big sure last update ?? )

HP Recommended

Did a quick test on my Samsung M2885 - looks very good. All type of scans which lead to errors or unreadable PDFs in the past worked.

HP Recommended

Are you printing / scanning via Wifi or direct connection via USB lead?

HP Recommended

Hi Docger1,

As you may have noticed, HP just came up with the right solution for our common problem.  In order to help everyone out there, it would be great if you mark Malik521's post as being the right solution and not your initial solution which involved buying VueScan!

And, please, no more rants...

HP Recommended

At this stage they still don't have a Mac OSX 11 (Big Sur) driver for the Samsung ProXpress SLC-4060.

I tried the 'universal' driver for the SLC-480 but it did not fix my issues with scanning in colour in pdf format unfortunately.

HP Recommended

@Rubik_Q So far I only tested via USB.

HP Recommended

I purchase Brother DCP-L2530DW yesterday and it works perfectly!

No need to install/update drivers. 

Finally I have working scanner. 

Samsung SL-M2070W go to recycling.. Bye bye..

HP Recommended

@Machist:

Note that the new driver is available for the Samsung Xpress SL-M2070W and it works fine...

HP Recommended

The MacOS 11.0 generic driver works for most models probably. I was happy to see it appeared for my model, Xpress SL-M2875FW. I can print and scan fine in color using the Image Capture app connected via USB. Anyone know if there's a way to scan over Wi-Fi also? Adding the printer via IP only allows me to print.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.