Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung clx-6260
macOS 10.15 Catalina

After upgrading to Catalina, I can do basic printing via Airprint but duplex printing no longer works. As this is one of the main reasons I bought this printer, this is an issue for me. There are NO printer drivers for the CLX-6260 on the HP website, not even the old 32-bit ones.

Has anyone else had this problem with Catalina? I'm thinking of rolling back to Mojave as I doubt HP will ever bother providing 64-bit support for a 5 year old Samsung printer. Is there a less drastic workaround for this problem?

I'm not ready to dump £££ worth of perfectly good printer and toner over a software issue.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue - I thought I had make some mistake somewhere until I saw your post. Now I realise that it's due to my foolish decision to upgrade my MacOS. When will Apple and HP get their act together? It's not as if they are some backstreet cowboys. Or is it?

HP Recommended

According to this site:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/samsung-xpress-sl-c460-color-laser-multifunction-printer-series... 

The driver is "in development". I simply can't believe that it is so difficult to rebuild a 32-bit driver for a 64 bit environment.

HP Recommended

I managed to solve it by reinstalling the printer and selecting ‘generic’ as the driver. It asked me if I wanted duplex and I said yes, and now it works. 

HP Recommended

You are a genius Rachael! Huge thanks. It's ironic that the 'generic' driver is so much better than the vendor one 🙄

In case anybody else is following this - you need the generic postscript driver.  I had to find the page where duplex (aka double sided) needed to be selected, but it wasn't exactly difficult, or slow (a matter of seconds to install).

As a pleasant side-effect, the 'levels' page is now much better, showing belt details and not just the toner level - see below. It's also resolved the stupid bug in the HP driver, which showed the printer as being out of paper, when it wasn't.

Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 15.18.30.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.