Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CLX-6260 FW
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a Samsung CLX-6260 FW Color Laser Printer.  The Display is frozen on the Samsung Logo.  I'm trying to find out how to re-initilize the printer, like we can do on all other printers.  Tried the suggested turn off, remove power cord, plug power cord, turn swtich to on, press power button.  The printer turns on by itself and does it cycle but the display stays on the Logo.

Tried holding down Power and Cancel (blue and red button) for 30 seconds then unplugging the printer.  Power it on nope Logo ther.  Tried removing power then pressing blue and red then power on, didn't work.

The printer works but I have no controls on the display.

Please help!

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Try to reset machine.

Fix firmware reset CLX-6260 FR / ND / FD / FW

To create fix firmware reset for printers Samsung
 CLX-6260FR / CLX-6260ND / CLX-6260FD / CLX-6260FW  necessary to know
printer series (SN)    CRUM serie  and  firmware version

This information can be found by printing the reports of the printer:
Configuration  and Supplies Information

MENU> SYSTEM SETUP > REPORT > CONFIGURATION > YES
MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > REPORT > SUPPLIES INFO > YES

If the printer NOT allows to print the page (or the cartridge is at 0%)
quickly type the following key combination to print reports in TECH MODE

MENU # 1934 MENU > TECH MENU > 
I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

Same bug here for a while!

I have try anything.. reboot, uninstall, reinstall...

After a long time with HP printer, I have flush it because lot of trouble... I'm turn to samsung...

Ohhh what... Samsung printer is now support by HP ??? WHAT THE HELL????

So DO YOUR JOB and DEBUG my the printer!!!!! Preprog obsolence after just one year ????

Go to hell poor HP support!!!

HP Recommended

Hello Green Machine,

Let's perform control panel calibration -

Keep pushing "*0#" together and power on the machine.

It will show this screen.

If this doesnot work then, Please log a ticket and HP Team will assist you

Thanks & regards,

Raj

HP Recommended

Try doing power drain & calibrate the display.

1. Power off the printer by pressing the power button.
  2. Remove all the cables from back of the printer (including  the power cable).
  3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cable into the printer, press the power button to turn ON the printer.

To caliberate:

Keep pushing " *0# " together and power on the machine.

If the problem persists,  contact your service representative or go to support.hp.com.

#HPEXPERTDAY

Regards,

Nithin

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.  

HP Recommended

I will try and assist.If i remember correctly this machine has a hard drive fitted.Remove the hard drive cables and try the machine.It might just start up but i think there will be a error displayed.Switch machine down and refit the Hard drive.Try again to switch machine on.If this does not work I would suggest to get the latest firmware and then format Hard drive and install the latest driver and firmware.Hope this will help.

It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

There's no harddisk in Samsung CLX-6260FW but there is a microSD card nex to the SDRAM memory module. By removing the microSD card we got our printer working again.

HP Recommended

It is the problem with OPE pcb,you have to replace the pcb.

HP Recommended

I'm glad that the idea got you to sort out the machine.Maybe just mark that as a solution to the problem on the forum for everybody ele that might experience the problem.Thanks and have a nice day.

.Thank You.Copier-Pro

HP Recommended

I'm glad that the idea got you to sort out the machine.Maybe just mark that as a solution to the problem on the forum for everybody ele that might experience the problem.Thanks and have a nice day.

.Thank You.Copier-Pro

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.