Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hoping someone might be able to explain 🙂

I have a customer who has a Samsung CLX-6260dn that is asking for the ITB to be replaced. They have bought the replacement ITB themselves and asked me to fit it. However once fitted I get the error C5-1710 which relates to the home position not found within the ITB.

I have fitted 2 new belts now, but both have the same issue, but when the old belt is refitted all works fine (apart from the message saying it needs to be replaced soon). I have swapped and checked the belts multiple times but always the same fault, the part numbers are correct (JC96-06514A) and it looks physically the same in all areas bar some extra plastic mylar covers added on the l/h and r/h side of the belt (guess they are just small a mod).

Looking through the service manual it seems that the belt just needs to be replaced, there is no mention of setup procedures or possible rectification of the fault beyond replace or turn off and on. I am at a dead end so any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Because some information is critical i will post a private message to U.Once you receive the Private message just open the envelope icon next to your profile log on and follow the steps.Good Day.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

Hi! Is it possible to PM me the procedure? I too have the same issue... along with that I also get Scanner Locked  message 

Errors.jpeg

Thanks in Advance for the help!

HP Recommended

Hi! Is it possible to PM me the procedure?

HP Recommended

Your drive T1 is faulty/broken 

HP Recommended

Hi! Is it possible to PM me the procedure?

HP Recommended

The equipment works with the old tape, so the drive T1 is working.

HP Recommended

I have a model c430 with the same error could you send me the info you refer to please. 

P Webb
HP Recommended

I have the same error with a C43Ow 

P Webb
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with a SL-C2670FW. Can you help ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.