Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CLX-6260FR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, wanted to get cloud printing working, needed to upgrade from V4.0.0.1.43 to CLX6260FR_V4.00.02.29. Downloaded update from Samsung cloud site (https://www.samsungcloudprint.com/download_firmware.html) . Update through network. Ran the CLX6260FR_FD_ND_UpgradeJig.exe file, which automatically went into the "SyncThruWeb Service" logged in and update started. Then it said update failed, from memory it said 50% on printer. Now printer is in mode where it says "Firmware upgrade".

Tried it with usb connection using USBlist2.exe, said it was "printing" and stopped at 74592/70254788, and no change in printer. Seems it can see it on USB port once you power cycle the printer.

Help.... please

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Elin,

We have few combinations which we can try .However, that is accessible only by Tech. For which you need to log a ticket and HP will assist you further

Thanks & regards,

Raj

HP Recommended

same thing happened on my CLX-4915FW. stuck at 51%  according to the printer display(which now doesnt work)  which is exactly at 74592/70254788 which is bytes and was stuck there for an hour. this must be some dodgy **bleep** going on by HP. this firmwares probably designed to make your perfectly working SAMSUNG printer into a dead printer so u have to pay HP money to fix. i will not touch any HP products ever in my life if this cannot be fixed without requiring $$$ im wondering if there is and there definantly is missing firmwares on HP site that we are supposed to install before these firmwares can be installed and installed correctly. were are all the previous firmware files ? we need a fix for this HP. we need a firmware that can be installed over our firmware that is actually writablle and doesnt stop at byte 74592. and also my screen doesnt work on printer anymore.

my printer still responds to firmware installation over network and via ublist2 however it refuses to go past byte 74592

Having firmwares on your site desinged to brick your printer is not a good idea to gain Customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.