Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung CLX-6260
macOS 10.15 Catalina

HI

I have a CLX-6260FW running firmware version V4.00.01.55 JAN-21-2014

Anyone out there with version V4.00.02.29 or anything in-between?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I’ve got 2.29 and it loaded fine

it has given me AirPrint so can now print from all Apple devices. Including a MacBook running Big Sur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

CLX-6260FW_V4.00.04.05

I can access this Harddrive image

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply…

I’ve tried that version and like everyone else, it seems, I get  ‘invalid firmware’ when attempting to install it.

My printer was first installed in 2014 which, I gather, is problematic, according to some HP support replies

I was looking for the version CLX-6260FW_V4.00.02.29,  because it appears to have worked for others, in the past.  It was more in the hope that someone out there had a copy archived  somewhere.

I aquired this printer as a project to install for home working. It is working fine but it’s never had a firmware update and was looking to bring it up to date.   I expected to find at least something on the HP Support pages but was extremely disappointed to find that cupboard was bare.  No firmware, no ECP software and only a non working driver update..  Even a Google search failed to find anything that actually worked included  the Ill fated recent firmware update. 

I’ve managed to to get it printing on Big Sur and it self selected on Catalina, so no big worries as it’s functional. Scanning works on both using image capture… not ideal but at least it works.

HP Recommended

I’ve got 2.29 and it loaded fine

it has given me AirPrint so can now print from all Apple devices. Including a MacBook running Big Sur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.