Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi everyone

Within the next few days Apple Catrina os will be available for download.

This operating system will not work with any 32 bit application. 

This is the only scanning software that I can use on my ageing M2070W. (only 32 bit software on my Mac)

Is anyone aware if there is a 64 Bit option available for me, must be honest its difficult finding any software for this device

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have a workaround, although I'm pretty pissed that HP/Samsung hasn't released a 64 bit upgrade for Easy Document Creator.

Here's the workaround:

In macOS Catalina, open PREVIEW.

With Preview open, select CANCEL to the FINDER window that opens.  Then select FILE > Import from "XXXX" where XXXX is the name of your Samsung scanner.

The usual scanner dialogue will open.  Make sure you select the correct Scan Mode (flatbed or document feeder).

The next part is the most important item:

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT "JPEG" AS THE FORMAT.  IF YOU SELECT ANY OTHER FORMAT, THE SCAN WILL NOT SAVE AND WILL FAIL.  YOU MUST SAVE THE FORMAT AS JPEG.

Scan as usual.  When finished, your document will open in the Preview app.  Select "Quit Preview" and a save dialogue box will appear.  Enter a name for the document.  NOW YOU CAN SAVE YOUR DOCUMENT AS A PDF or any other format listed.  I usually save the document to the desktop.  

If you need to print the document, after the document saves, open the document.  Preview will open and you can now print the saved document in the format you saved it.  Unless you want to print the document as a JPEG, you'll need to re-open the document in the saved format.  

It's a kludge, to say the least.  But it will at least scan and print your documents.  

Hope this helps.  

HP Recommended

Hi

thanks for your trouble and work around as I really need to scan to pdf. As you say HP should have released 64 bit drivers for Mac, especially as they have been available for Windows for some time. 

So thanks again at least I can scan to pdf with your work around.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.