Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M2835DW
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I recently bought an Apple MacBook Air with the M1 processor and I also have the Samsung M2835DW printer. The OS Version in my MacBook Air is Big Sur 11.2.3. When I use the AirPrint driver to print, at random time the printer prints out symbols and prints out blank pages. When I use the latest Samsung M2835DW drivers for Big Sur, it prints out normal, but when I enable duplex unit in the printer options in the Mac OS preferences -> Printer -> Options to print double sided, it gets disabled automatically after printing. My Samsung M2835DW is also on the latest firmware. I also reseted the printer system settings and added back my printer and still get the printing issue. Please help to solve this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my Samsung SL-M2825DW with macos Catalina 10.15.7. It fails to hold the setting of the duplex setting in the printer setup.
When set in the Printers & Scanners preferences, it works for the first job printed. The setting is then incorrectly cleared, the printer dialogue option disappears and the next job prints one sided. It can be manually reset for every subsequent job, but you eventually forget and waste single sided prints.
It happens both for the specific driver and for the generic PCL printer driver. The generic driver keeps the duplex selection box in the print dialogue, but the tick mark is cleared after every  print.
The Airprint function does not work usefully at all, and delivers pages with single lines of what is probably raw Postscript. This has been reported many times and is still not fixed. The help from Apple simply suggests using Airprint, which HP do not seem to want to implement correctly.

These issues happen with driver 3.9.2, and updated firmware V3.00.01.35.
To HP: if you do not plan to engage sufficient effort to fix these problems, then please make the driver software and test tools open source, so that someone can fix them for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.