Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung ML-1665 Laser printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
After about 30 pages of printing , with slight black lines appearing,  pages now come out with thick black lines 50mm to 1cm thick over the text (rather like redactions). On the metal roller I notice the black ink on its surface length. I have wiped that clean with a clean cloth and by just restarting the printer  and inspecting again when the roller is in a different position then do more cleaning but that does not fix the problem. The ink covering returns.

It seems the ink powder is excessively attaching to the roller all the time. 
What might be the problem  - a faulty toner cartridge? I opened another new cartridge and has the same problem!

Please advise, thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This can happen on a non-genuine or refilled toners.

Are you using plain paper?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for  responding.

Yes I use plain paper. And yes I use recycled toners from a good company and have had no problems before with their toners.

The one I was using had printed perhaps 30 pages before the problem arose but the new one gave the problem from the 1st page which perhaps indicates a problem with the printer itself but what could that be?

HP Recommended

It's the toner, change a brand.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

You're most likely right but as the new toner malfunctioned immediately then I want to check the printer itself first.

HP Recommended

I changed the laptop, using the same cartridge and toner and the print is OK!  Must be the Asus laptop problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.