Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
ML-1860
Linux

error for ML-1860

Printing from Windows works fine.

As original poster - it worked and stopped with upgrade to Fedora 30.

Could it be some change in OS level like glibc or something like that?

Resulting in rastertospl or other binary no longer working as expected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As posted by Anil-50 in other thread - downgrade of cups to 2.2.8-10 from Fedora 29, is workaround.

Confirmed that I can print, no longer error is printed.

I hope that Samsung/HP will upgrade their ULD to work smoothly with latest cups.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Adding error message as post was moved to separate topic:

INTERNAL ERROR - uw_color == 4

POSITION : 0x0 (0)

SYSTEM : h6fw_5.49/x1_image

LINE : 341

VERSION : SPL 5.49 10-20-2010

HP Recommended

Hi spljaa

I posted a question to have a little more of information and check how could we troubleshoot it.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Samsung/Samsung-ML-1670-internal-error-after-upgrade-to-Fedora-30/m-p/...

I will wait for your response.

Regards.

Knowledge is to be shared.
HP Recommended

Hi Printer_S

Please, Samsung provides ULD.In closed, binary form. You are vendor of that software.

And after upgrade from Fedora 29 to Fedora 30 it stopped working with enigmatic error listed above.

Error is produced on paper instead of expected page.

Same printer works fine when documents are printed from windows.

Thus it looks like CUPS uses Samsung provided binaries - but for some reason output send to printer is considered by printer as malformed.

I understand it might not be obvious, but please provide some way of getting logs that could be more helpful. Please explain for example in which situation device prints message like:

INTERNAL ERROR - uw_color == 4

POSITION : 0x0 (0)

SYSTEM : h6fw_5.49/x1_image

LINE : 341

That should be possible, it is your device running your firmware, isn't it?

Do you have instructions how to make ULD more verobse? Or maybe you have some version available for download that is more verbose?

Regards

HP Recommended

As posted by Anil-50 in other thread - downgrade of cups to 2.2.8-10 from Fedora 29, is workaround.

Confirmed that I can print, no longer error is printed.

I hope that Samsung/HP will upgrade their ULD to work smoothly with latest cups.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.